Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Excuse Me?

As many of you know I'm interested in a lot of foreign/underground music as well as traditional Americanized music. As you also know, I like to promote it by buying (mostly shirts) merchandise from them.

However, why do I end up having this conversation every day?:

Student: "Hey Ed, what does that word say on your shirt?"
Me: "...It's clearly visible, you douchebag, but it says (Insert Band Name Here)."
Student: "Wow, that name sounds (Insert Wrong Nationality Here)."
Me: "Yeah, they sing completely in (Insert Corresponding Language Here)."
Student: "What? They don't even speak American!?"
Me: "No, not everyone in the world speaks 'American'."
Student: "So you can't understand what they're saying?"
Me: "...no."
Student: "Then why do you listen to them."

Every time someone has the balls to ask me that I die a little inside. It's called "music", not a "monologue". If you find yourself asking this question, go read a book. I know what you're thinking: "Im so gunna say that 2 him and hes gunna b so pissed!".

Wrong, just dissapointed.

No comments: